The internet is a beautiful thing. It has the cure for every little thing-even a case of writer's block. For me, it wasn't really writer's block. I wanted to write, but I just didn't have any idea what to write about. So as I was surfing the net, I found this beautiful site, aptly named as Language is a virus. And as I clicked on the Generate New Writing Prompt button, I got a new list every time. And now I'm on the site every time. Most of them are really helpful, some are funny and I get a rush every time I finish one. My favorite one, is write 10 sentences starting with Happiness is.. here it is. :)
- Happiness is a beautiful love song that plays that just lifts your spirits. It makes you feel giddy as the song plays as if it was for you. Just like this one.
- Happiness is finding five pesos after enduring hours of being so hungry. Your stomach grumbles but you know you don't have enough money. And out of nowhere, a shiny five pesos! Now you can buy bread! (pan de sal anyone?)
- Happiness is hearing your favorite song on the radio and just belting out the lyrics like some crazy person. You feel free as you do that dance you do when no one's watching.
- Happiness is receiving a warm hug after you've been crying. You feel that certain warmth seep through your body after crying so hard. Your tears dry on the person's shoulder, as they say sweet words to calm you down.
- Happiness is staring into someone's eyes and you see their pupils dilate. And that someone is your crush.
- Happiness is getting a good grade for something you worked hard on. You just want to fist pump the air and hug your professor so hard they might consider failing you.
- Happiness is tasting your favorite ice cream after having a cough for a month. The way the taste melts in your mouth, the way it rolls down your throat.
- Happiness is going through your old things, remembering the memories that went with it. Whether good or bad, or something stupid you did then, you know those memories became the reason why you are the way you are.
- Happiness is seeing your family happy. Their happiness radiates toward you, and you can't help but smile with them.
- Happiness is laughing so hard with your friends that your stomach and cheeks hurt. But you just can't stop laughing.
So there's my list. I hope it somehow brightened your day, and I hope you make a list like that too. It really does make you feel happy. Just remember, happiness is a choice, a choice not everyone makes. :)